Monday, February 8, 2010

Emerald Taverns

Rating: 3.5 stars
Price- 7$ a sandwich
Portions- Average
Parking- They have a little parking lot in the back. The one on the side is only theirs at night.
Seating- Limited seating, about average for a bar in Parkville
Website: None?

Review:
Emerald Tavern is a neighborhood bar. It is the kind of place you can walk to on a snow day. 30 inches of snow could not keep me from my daily quest on Harford road.

Becca was in search of wings, Old bay wings to be exact. We tried the wings and beer but they do not have old bay wings. I will just have to go back there when we are not on a mission.

The Emerald Tavern has awesome specials. When we went on Monday they had 4$ cheese buggers, WHAT A DEAL! After looking at the menu is seemed that almost everyday had a special deal. Steve had the burger and said that it was really very good, for a bar. So, not the best burger in town, but good with a good beer. I had the "emerald dip", which was a french dip sandwich, it was very good and a big portion for under 8 dollars. I was pleased with my sandwich, excellent for bar food. Beccas old bay wings were not a disappointment. The looked and tasted fantastic. They were kind of like the wing dings we used to get at Shepherd Universitys wing night. Becca liked them so much she ate some of them cold latter that day.

I was a little sad that their menu was not really descriptive. We ordered cream cheese poppers who's write up said fried cream cheese, it said nothing about the jalapeno peppers that were involved. As some readers know, i don't "do" spicy foods. (for many reasons) So I was a little disappointed that they were really jalapeno poppers.

The Emerald Tavern exceeded my expectations in our quest for old bay wings. I might not go back to this place JUST for food. But if i am looking to get some good drinks, with some good people, and I am in need of some good food then I could see going back to the Emerald Tavern. Also, from what I hear, they don't close, even in snow storms.

1 comment:

  1. For future reference, Zorba's has excellent Old Bay wings ....

    ReplyDelete