Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pat's Pizza

Rating: 2 stars
Price- about 10$ a pizza about 8$ a sandwich
Portions- Average - Small
Parking- Easy, a lot on the side
Seating: Plenty
Website: http://www.patsfamilyrestaurant.com/site/index.jsp

Review:

So pats is a chain, who knew? It had all the feeling of a chain, the place has very little charm. But I must comment that I dig the orange furniture.

It was a snowy baltimore night when Joe and I were starving and driving home from helping our friend Eva paint. We needed something good, cheep, and fast. Why not Pats? My mother was also hungry so we picked up food for her as well.

I had a calzone, more like disappointment zone. I spend many a wonderful college park nights feasting on DP dough so I will admit I have high cal-standards. This zone missed the mark. I was hungry and even my starvation couldn't make it tasty. It had very little cheese and was mostly those cheep canned green peppers.. Color me disappointed!

Joe had a cheeseburger sub which, compared to the Hamilton Tavern Burger, was simply awful. It was small, and looked greasy. I didn't waste my time with tasting it because I was two busy picking out green peppers..

My mother had a chicken pesto painni. It looked and tasted really good. It was the main reason I am rating Pats as 2 stars rather then 1. It was fresh and filling. I ate half of it for lunch the next day which was just as tasty! It was a well flavored and well made. Way to get it right pats!

I have had another Pats experience, they do have an excellent white pizza. I had it once, right when they opened. It was so good I didn't realize that Pats was even a chain. I am hard to please when it comes to white pizza and Pats hit it out of the park with that one. I will have to see if it is still as good.

So all in all, I guess it depends on what you order. It is definitely not the best local grub. I might go back to Pats, its easy, fast, and right by my house. If i am looking for a white pizza, i would give it another try. BUT it is NOT my favorite on Harford road, not by a long shot!

2 comments:

  1. Pat's pizza has always been our favorite delivery...for pizza. If we're picking it up, though, we go to Dominic's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah pats is good, not out of this world but really good for pizza chain. (far better then pizza hut)

    I have not been to Dominics in a long time, i used to love their BBQ chicken pizza. ...maybe some bbq chicken pizza will go well with all this snow!

    ReplyDelete