Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Fractured Prune

Rating: 3 stars
Price- not online (i will be calling cus I don't remember)
Portions- smaller then your average donut
Parking- not very much, but some to the right of the building, and behind it.
Seating- None- except out side of
Website: http://www.fracturedprune.com

When your broken, bruised, maybe even (dare I say it) FRACTURED, these little round wonders would put a smile on your face.

I had the Chocolate Covered Cherry: cherry glaze, mini chocolate chips it was delicious. It was warm and its texture was so soft it melted-in-my mouth. It was very messy. Joes food was taking forever (i;ll get back to that in a minute) It was a catch 22 I have had their donuts a cold, and let me tell you, I don't recommend it. FP's donuts are WAY better warm. Almost not worth it cold. So i new i had to eat it then, before it was ruined by time. Since the FP does not have seating inside and it was far to cold to sit outside I was stuck siting on a ledge to eat my donut. It was sticky and worth the mess it made of my fingers, hands, and some of my face. I am a very neat eater, but even i could eat this with out making a mess. If you are not familiar with the FP they do donuts differently from most of your traditional bakery's. They use the traditional method of making the donuts. Only they make them all like plain cake donuts. Then comes the fun part. they "create" each donuts individually by"dipping" the donut in glaze and topping. A wonderful prosses, BUT as the "wheres the beef" women sounded that battle cry I ask almost the same question of the Fractured Prune. Wheres the filling?

Joes sandwich, I would say fail-wich, but I believe the fail-ness of this "sandwich" will be demonstrated enough in the following passage. First of all,it took forever. As we order we saw the boy behind the counter get out a little round "egg" out of the refrigerator and place it on the counter. (sanitary? not quite.) My donut was finished before his sandwich was started. (a lengthy proses as I explained above) "Started" is an odd word for it because the method of "cooking" the egg was really heating it up in a microwave. This method created a rubbery egg with inconsistent heat placement. Not quit what we were looking for. The sandwich came with ham and bacon on your choice of bread. Although I respect choices, i was not impressed with this sandwich.

BOO on microwaving.




No comments:

Post a Comment