Tuesday, January 26, 2010

House of Kabob

Rating: 4 stars
Price: average 10-15 $
Portions- Very Large
Parking- Street parking only but i have never had an issue
Seating- Plenty
Website: http://www.houseofkabob.net/

Review:
I was excited to be going out with my amazing boyfriend for my first harford road stop since the surgery. When we arrived at the restaurant we were taken back by how few people were there. There were only 2 other tables of 2, but we voyaged on.
Our waitress was nice and knowledgeable of the menu. I think she was related to the owners in some way. We arrived about an hour before they closed. But she still treated us fantastically. They had a variety of drinks on the menu, but we stuck with water. Our waitress brought us some amazing nan, flat bread. I wish i could make these stuff at home. It was so tasty. I love places that bring you bread. (its the little extras that mean they care :)
Joe ordered the combination plate, it was chicken and koobide, I had the lamb. Each of our dinners came with rice and vegetables. The rice was cooked to perfection, it was maybe the best rice I have ever had. It not only tasted amazing, but there was enough to feed a small army. I was surprised how delicious everything was. I had never been to a Persian restaurant. The flavors were our of this world. Nether of us had ever tried Koobibe, it was sweat and spicy in all the right ways. I do not eat spicy food, I was surprised that there was not anything spicy on the menu, everything was so flavorful with out being spicy. (yey!) My lamb was cooked to perfection, it almost melted in my mouth. I was actually sad that I had never been there before, it is so close, and SO good, it is a shame this was my first experience.

We will be going back to house of kabob. I cant wait to try more!

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say that I live near Harford Road and work in Owings Mills. My boss is Armenian and lives in Sykesville. He travels 45+ minutes to go to House of Kabob because he says its the best Persian food around. My husband and I have gone several times and tried several things on the menu. We've never been disappointed, ever. And you're right about the portion sizes. Typically, if we've made the mistake of each ordering an entree, end up with enough leftovers for two more meals.

    ReplyDelete