Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Los Amigos

Rating: 3 stars
Price: 10-20 (expensive for Mexican in my opinion)
Portions- Average- Large
Parking- Street Parking only
Seating- Plenty
Website: http://www.losamigosbaltimore.com/

Review:
Last Friday my sister, and her boyfriend joined Joe and I for our weekly Friday meal. It was nice to have them come with us. With my sister being big Mexican fan, and Joe having been bothering me for months to check out his favorite Mexican place in the city, we headed out to Los Amigos.
The setting was really cool, parking was easy, but you could tell if it had been busy that there was not alot of parking. I have been on a restricted diet, I can not have and beans, which makes eating Mexican kinda hard. SO i will be going mostly by what others enjoyed.
Joe loved his dish (i honestly can remember what he had)I know that it was spicy so i did not try any. I think that if you like spicy food that this place will impress you. Ann had some fish tacos, which she raved about. Archie and I played is safe with tacos and Quesadilla, which were both good and cheesy. The Spanish rice that i had was rather dry and not very flavorful.

We ordered desert, the cheese cake was clearly store bought. It was not very good, the fried ice cream was good, but made with coconut so I couldn't have any. The real star was their milk cake, it was sweet and creamy, It was so good! It was one of my favorite cakes of all time.

The reason I only gave this place 3 stars was that it was not as good as my favorite Mexican restaurant, el saltos. It was also more expensive, and in my opinion, not really worth the extra money. I would go back to the place, but honestly, I would rather go to el saltos, mainly because of the price and location.

No comments:

Post a Comment